Social Media Marketing (SMM)
Social Media Marketing along with Social Media Optimization (or Social SEO) can play a significant part in supporting overall company goals as well as specific green commercial or residential projects.
Social media marketing is playing a huge role and commanding large budgets to support engagement and communication efforts for companies, large and small. The cost of entry as compared to other marketing elements is quite low. However, clients should be prepared to make an ongoing budget commitment to this area. Building a fan base via blogs and tweets, driving leads and converting these leads can be very cost effective and provide a solid return on investment.
The challenge and opportunities will continue to be:
- Spur conversation
- Encourage feedback
- Generate referrals and recommendations
- Cross-pollinate multiple social media networks for company
- Build loyalty
- Promote calls-to-action – whitepaper-webinar-podcast-trial-call
- Deliver sincere messaging
- Withhold from having correspondences on auto-pilot to other social media platforms
Online advertising has a reputation for efficiency and reliability that is helping drive growth. Brands, of all sizes, realize that in order to reach their targets, they can no longer ignore becoming involved in the interactive/digital/social media marketing space. Mobile and social media are poised for continued growth through 2015.
- U.S. online ad spending will reach $37.31 billion
- Mobile ad spending reaching $3.4 billion, up 111% from 2011
- Online advertising tied to search words or phrases accounted for 46% of overall revenue at $16.9 billion, up 14.5% from 2011
- Online advertising tied to display ads rose to $12billion, up $1billion from 2011
- 67% of U.S. internet users will use social networks on a regular basis, amounting to nearly 205 million people
Source: eMarketer, September, 2012
GPM and its interactive team can assist clients to incorporate or enhance social media programming such as:
- More than 1.5 billion active users worldwide
- 168.5 million users in U.S.
- More than 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- Average user has 141 friends
- More than 900 million objects that people interact with (pages, groups, events)
- Average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events
- On average, more than 250 million photos are uploaded per day
- More than 70 languages available on the site
- More than 75% of users are outside of the United States
- On average, Facebook users install apps more than 20 million times every day
- Every month, more than 500 million people use an app on Facebook or experience Facebook Platform on other websites
- More than 10 million apps and websites are integrated with Facebook
- More than 819 million active users currently access Facebook through their mobile devices
- Twitter has over 500 million active users worldwide
- 50% of users log in daily and 40 percent of whom have not tweeted in the last month
- Processes 230 million tweets a day, an increase of 110 percent since the start of the year
- Over 4 billion videos are viewed every day
- You 6 billion hours of video watched each month
- 100 hours of video footage is uploaded to the site every minute
- More video is uploaded every 60 days than the three major US television networks produced in 60 years
- 80% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the U.S.
- YouTube is localized in 61 countries across 61 languages
- 94 of AdAge’s top 100 advertisers have run campaigns on YouTube
- The base age demographic for YouTube is 18-54
- >277 million users
- 84 million users in the U.S.
- 70% reside in U.S.
- 187 million unique visitors each month
- 7,610 searches every minute
- 20 - number of languages LinkedIn available in
- Content is king and original content will increase your rankings as well as establish your company's (or yourself) expertise in your field. Adding a RSS and newsletter will complete the SMM campaign.
Source: Various sources, February, 2014
There is a big difference between having a presence on the web versus promoting and securing engagement and communication with clients and prospects. There is a huge divide between no traffic, decent traffic, great traffic and targeted traffic.
We understand that clients have a range of knowledge in these areas. We will provide step-by-step information as to the benefits of incorporating social media marketing into a given project.
Please contact us today to discuss your current and upcoming needs in the social media marketing area.
Contact Green Project Marketing
To discuss how your company and project can benefit from our services as well if there are representation opportunities, please contact Michel (Michael) Stevens, President, at (800) 260-6008 ext. 301 PST or mstevens[at]greenprojectmarketing[dot]com. Skype ID: GreenProjMktg.