FortiCel™ is a protective coating solution that helps to prevent the growth of mold on the structural framing surfaces of new homes. Available exclusively through CertainTeed, FortiCel is professionally applied to the interior wall cavity during construction, before the insulation is installed.
Structures today are built stronger and tighter than ever before to maximize performance and energy efficiency. It is important to manage moisture, vapor and air flow to maintain the integrity of the structure. Having a smart vapor retarder will help diffuse moisture in the wall cavity and prevent excess moisture which can lead to mold growth and a host of related problems. Reduce risk and liability and high cost mold remediation and replacement of structural framing by using a product such as FortiCel. FortiCel™ Features include:
• Protects from potential mold and mildew claims
• Prevents mold growth on coating surface
• 25-year fully transferable warranty
• Does not impede construction time since it is applied immediately after dry-in
• Cannot be washed or rubbed off during construction
• Exceeds all ASTM testing requirements
• Meets the US Green Building Council LEED® requirements
CertainTeed FortiCel is being used in Sunset Green Home project.
For more information on FortiCel, please click HERE.